Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Vegas weekend getaway, pt. 1

In Las Vegas this weekend to go check out the WSOP, which I tried to qualify for, but never did. I’ve at least visited the WSOP as a spectator for the last four years now, and it’s always a head rush.

Played a little 1-2NL over at Excalibur last night, left up $200. I was up over $450, but got caught with a A9s in position on a board of A4x777. Of course, my opponent has the remaining 7. I had figured he had the A or maybe even the 4, he wasn’t that great of a player. But even donkeys can catch good hands too. So that hand cost me $200.

Woke up this morning and went to play some more 1-2NL before heading over to the Rio. There were more spectators this year compared to previous ones. The final 4 tables of the Horse World Championship were going on, so big pros like Scotty Nygeun, Doyle Brunson, Andy Bloch and others were present.

Stopped to just rail a random table and within a few minutes, I realized the player I was standing right behind Shannon Elizabeth! She was hiding behind some rather large sunglasses and a hat for Doyle’s Room. I watched one hand where she went all-in. Random villain went into the tank, but finally made the call with KK. Shannon flips over AA and it held up, doubling her up. I didn’t stay long as I’m sure she was very nervous with her back to the rail.
Was fun. Picked up some souvenirs and went back to the hotel. Am off to play a little more 1-2 and I’ll post again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you desire to grow your experience just keep visiting this site and be updated with
the newest gossip posted here.

Review my blog: rapid weight loss tips