Monday, June 16, 2008

A Nice Weekend

Had a pretty good weekend. I smashed nearly every table I sat down on, placing first about five times, with an ITM of about 50%. Doubled my bankroll in two days, and played about a dozen satellites in attempt to get into the World Series in July. Ironically, none of the tournaments I won were the satellites. I doubled the bankroll, so I can’t complain. :)

I’m actually writing this while playing a 5-table SNG (45 players). I’ve got some classic Crosby, Stills, and Nash going on the headphones. Ahhh, just knocked someone out with TT against my AK. Ooops. Oh hey cool. I’m the chipleader at my table. Oh, now I’m in second in chips in the tourney.

I’ve been a better student of the game lately. Been reading more and watching more videos over at CardRunners. I do like their videos, commentary, watching someone’s style as though it were over their shoulder. I think I’ve already cashed in on the investment just this past weekend alone. I just don’t get how they multitable like that. I lose track after two tables, but there again, I’m not playing on dual 60-inch plasma displays like some of the pros are. J

I’ve been playing so well, I have half a notion to skip away to Vegas this weekend. I was going to go just two weeks ago just to check out the WSOP, like I have for the last three years. But for various reasons I didn’t, and I still want to go. So I might this weekend, we’ll see. I really need a good weekend of green felt.

My TT just found a third to make a set, and I just knocked out another opponent with AQo. Lol! I need to blog while I play more often. J Still in second place with 44xBB, but first has more than twice the number of my chips. 27 left to go. Ooops, just got stupid with A9o, dropped about 500 chips and down to fourth. Gotta get back on top. :)

No comments: